Thursday, August 19, 2010

School. Again.

So, I'm going back to school.  This is for a more practical reason than you might think.  In the past couple months, I've broken my elbow and suffered pneumonia.  This has led to five hospital visits and x-rays every time.  If I'm not a student, I don't have health insurance.  Paying for this semester of school is cheaper than paying for these medical bills.  Hopefully, this will work out, because if the insurance says that I can go to hell, I'm going to have to pay for both.

I'm going to be at the tech college.  Specifically, I'm in the Machine Tools Technician program.  This is for becoming someone who uses machine tools, not someone who services them.  Lathes and CNC machines and what not.  This interests me, I've wanted to know how to do this stuff for a while.  The ability to create what I need is almost an imperative in the psychological gestalt I've built.  I know how to cook, how to do carpentry, how to solder, how to understand what's wrong with many things, especially electronics, and I'm working on how to sew.  Machining metal objects is a logical progression.  At some point, I'd like to become more effective artistically as well, if for no other reason than to improve my ability to create sketches and designs and schematics.

I acquire.  Eventually maybe I'll find purpose, or at least use.

No comments:

Post a Comment