Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Things I am doing.

Last night, I started a blog.  I also went digging through old game CDs for stuff to install that was fun.  Specifically, I was looking to scratch an itch by playing some RTS games, and I can't afford (and am unwilling to pirate) Starcraft 2.  First thing I pulled out, the Starcraft Battle Chest!  Which only had the Starcraft CD.  Brood War was MIA, and it's been at least three years since I've known where it is.  I did some looking, but no dice.

Next out of the box of old games was Age of Empires III.  After checking to make sure I had all the discs, I put the first CD in to install it.  And promptly ran into a warning stating that there were known compatibility issues between this game published by Microsoft Game Studios and Windows 7.  Am I the only one who thinks that that's bullshit?  Because it is.  This game was released in 2005.  Windows 7 was released 4 years later.  This is not like me trying to get multiplayer working on Baldur's Gate.  5 years, and, if not the same people, people working for the same company.  They should know how to make software that works together.

Something I noticed when playing.  Like their real-life counterparts, the Seminole tribe is hardcore.  They are my warriors of choice for almost everything, when I can get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment