Friday, October 22, 2010

Sometimes, loopholes rock.

Something not everyone knows about me.  I would like to design and build guns.  Weapon design in general is fantastically interesting due to the juxtaposition of mechanical requirements and physiological and psychological requirements.  I could go on and on about this, but maybe later.  For now, I'm just going to say that I've run across a loophole in the Federal Firearms License.  If you intend to manufacture weapons other than destructive devices (grenades, bombs, guns with a barrel larger than .50 inches other than sporting shotguns) and you intend to sell them, but only at gun shows, you do not need a Federal Firearms License.  Which is good, because I've got reason to worry about whether I'm approvable or not.

We are now one step closer to Torvaun being as well known a name as Winchester or Remington.  Or Garand.

No comments:

Post a Comment